Job Opportunity – Community Support Worker
Do you want to work for an established and respected local mental health charity?
Are you passionate about delivering high quality, person-centred support and services to individuals experiencing mental health problems and distress?
Kettering Mind’s mission is to provide advice and support to empower anyone experiencing a mental health problem. We campaign to improve services, raise awareness and promote understanding and positive living conditions.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for two Community Support Workers to join our team on a full time, 18 month fixed term contract basis:
- Duration: 18 month fixed term (with possibility that the role may become permanent)
- Working Hours: 37 hours per week
- Working Pattern: The hours will be worked on a rota system (including some evening, weekend and Bank Holidays shifts)
- Opportunity to pick up some sleep-in shifts which are paid at an additional hourly rate
- Salary: £17,038 – £17,862 per annum
- Holiday Entitlement: 34 days per annum (inclusive of Bank Holiday entitlement)
- Pension: Nest Scheme with a 5% employer contribution rate
- Access to an Employee Assistance Programme
Summary of the post
You will be working as part of a supportive team to provide support to people living with or recovering from mental health problems. You will provide person-centred support to individual’s that live in supported accommodation or in their own homes to ensure that they receive all necessary assistance in daily living skills to enable them to develop a lifestyle that promotes good physical and mental health.
The post will be community based so it will be an essential requirement that all applicants have a full valid driving licence with access to a vehicle that can be used for work purposes.
For full details and to apply for the role download the application pack below:
Community Support Worker Job Description
Alternatively, contact Kettering Mind on 01536 523 216 or email email@example.com
Closing date for all application forms: Thursday 31 October 2019
Interview date: To be confirmed
An enhanced DBS check will be required for the successful applicant (paid for by Kettering Mind).
Kettering Mind are an equal opportunities employer and a signatory of the Mindful Employer Charter.
Kettering Mind reserves the right to close the vacancy earlier than advertised if sufficient applications are received.