Resource Centre Support Worker
Do you want to make a positive difference to the lives of individuals
experiencing mental health problems and distress?
Kettering Mind is an independent registered charity, affiliated to National Mind, we are a values based organisation that puts the individuals and communities we support at the heart of everything we do.
We deliver a range of mental health support services in Kettering and across North Northamptonshire.
Kettering Mind is a truly unique place to work and all of our colleagues share our vision and values for providing high quality, person-centred support and services to individuals experiencing mental health problems and distress. As part of our team, you will have the opportunity to make a positive difference to other people’s lives.
We currently have an opportunity for a fulltime Resource Centre Support Worker to join our team on a permanent basis:
• Working Hours: 37 hours per week
• Working Pattern: Shift work on a rota system (including evenings & some weekends / bank holidays)
• Starting salary: £17,590 per annum (salary range from £17,590 to £19,451 per annum)
• Holiday Entitlement: 34 days per annum (inclusive of Bank Holiday and other entitlements) additional 5 days after 5 years’ service
• Pension: Nest Scheme with a 5% employer contribution rate
• Access to an Employee Assistance Programme
Summary of the post
Kettering Mind’s Resource Centre offers a variety of support services including one to one support, crisis support, educational courses and workshops, wellbeing groups, peer support and external training services. You will be working as part of a friendly and dedicated team to provide responsive and personalised mental health and wellbeing support to individuals accessing Resource Centre services.
Key tasks will include:
• Facilitate social, educational, occupational and therapeutic courses, workshops and activities
• Support individuals experiencing mental health crisis and distress
• Provide one to one emotional support to individuals
• Deliver external training and presentations to other organisations and businesses on a variety of mental health and wellbeing topics
• Complete assessments, reviews and develop personalised support plans for individuals
• Support with the recruitment, induction, training, support and supervision of volunteers
For full details and to apply, please download the application pack below:
Alternatively, contact Kettering Mind on 01536 523 216 or email email@example.com
Closing date for all application forms: Sunday, 11 April 2021
Interview date: To be confirmed
An enhanced DBS check will be required for the successful applicant (paid for by Kettering Mind).
Kettering Mind are an equal opportunities employer and a signatory of the Mindful Employer Charter.
Kettering Mind reserves the right to close the vacancy earlier than advertised if sufficient suitable applications are received.