Community Support Worker
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an individual to join our team as a full time Community Support Worker on a 12 month fixed term contract.
Summary of the post
The role will require you to provide support to people living with or recovering from mental health problems. You will provide person-centred support to individual’s that live in supported accommodation or in their own homes to ensure that they receive all necessary assistance in daily living skills to enable them to develop a lifestyle that promotes good physical and mental health. You will be working alongside individuals supporting them to achieve goals outlined in personalised support plans; offering support in a way that promotes hope, personal choice, dignity and respect.
- Duration: 12 month fixed term contract
- Working Hours: Full time, 37 hours per week
- Working Pattern: You will be required to work 5 out of 7 days per week on a rota based system including; evenings, weekends, some Bank Holidays and sleep-ins
- Salary: £17,038 – £17,862 per annum (sleep-in rate: £7.83 per hour)
- Annual Leave Entitlement: 34 days per annum (inclusive of Bank Holidays)
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate:
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to engage effectively with clients, their families, colleagues and other professionals / agencies.
- An ability to use a problem-solving approach to respond appropriately to a wide range of situations.
- Ability to use initiative and adapt to changing situations with a positive ‘can do’ attitude.
The post will cover the Kettering, Corby, Wellingborough and East Northants areas so it will be an essential requirement that all applicants have a full valid driving licence with access to a vehicle that can be used for work purposes.
For more details and to apply for the role, please download the application pack below
Alternatively, you can contact Kettering Mind to request an application pack:
Tel: 01536 523 216 or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for all application forms: Monday, 1 July 2019
Interview date: To be confirmed
An enhanced DBS check will be required for the successful applicant (requested and paid for by Kettering Mind).
Kettering Mind are an equal opportunities employer and a signatory of the Mindful Employer Charter.