Community Support Worker
Do you want to work for an established and respected local mental health charity?
Are you passionate about delivering high quality, person-centred support and services to individuals experiencing mental health problems and distress?
Kettering Mind’s mission is to provide advice and support to empower anyone experiencing a mental health problem. We campaign to improve services, raise awareness and promote understanding and positive living conditions.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Community Support Worker to join our team:
- Duration: 18 month fixed term (with possibility that the role may become permanent)
- Working Hours: 37 hours per week
- Working Pattern: The hours will be worked on a rota system (including some evening, weekend and Bank Holidays shifts)
- Opportunity to pick up some sleep-in shifts (paid at an additional rate)
- Starting salary: £17,590 per annum
- Holiday Entitlement: 34 days per annum (inclusive of Bank Holiday and other entitlements)
- Pension: Nest Scheme with a 5% employer contribution rate
- Access to an Employee Assistance Programme
Summary of the post
You will be working as part of a friendly and dedicated team to provide support to people living with or recovering from mental health problems. You will provide person-centred support to individual’s that live in supported accommodation or in their own homes to ensure that they receive all necessary assistance in daily living skills to enable them to develop a lifestyle that promotes good physical and mental health.
The post will be community based so it will be an essential requirement that all applicants have a full valid driving licence with access to a vehicle that can be used for work purposes.
For full details and to apply, please download an application pack below:
Alternatively, contact Kettering Mind on 01536 523 216 or email email@example.com
Closing date for all application forms: Friday, 14 February 2020
Interview date: To be confirmed
An enhanced DBS check will be required for the successful applicant (paid for by Kettering Mind).
Kettering Mind are an equal opportunities employer and a signatory of the Mindful Employer Charter.
Kettering Mind reserves the right to close the vacancy earlier than advertised if sufficient suitable applications are received.