What does the support offer?
We know that some people need a little support on a regular basis to help maintain a tenancy. That’s why Kettering Mind work in conjunction with Kettering Borough Council and local housing associations such as Bedfordshire Pilgrims Housing Association to provide several supported accommodation projects around the Kettering area. We aim to support all of our tenants to
- To have the skills needed to manage your own tenancy e.g. household tasks, shopping, budgeting, and setting up utility services
- Access medical appointments
- Develop independent living skills
- Work towards achieving their personal goals and aspirations
- Maintain and enhance their wellbeing
- To access community facilities to develop friendships and interests
- To return to employment
- To have the confidence to use public transport to reconnect with friends or family
- To enrol on a course to learn new skills or work towards a qualification
- To be part of the local community, e.g. engaging with faith organisations, joining clubs, volunteering
- To know how to look after your own physical and mental health, being able to deal with stress and knowing how to keep yourself feeling well
Who can apply?
Our supported accommodation is for individuals experiencing mental health problems who would benefit from ongoing support with maintaining independence in the community.
How to apply?
Call Us to speak with the manager about vacancies and support packages.